Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Snip Snip


We had our first experience with one of our kids cutting their own hair. Luckily it's just on little bald patch up on top. Iyah got a little scissor happy when I was giving G a haircut. At first he was really pleased with himself, but after he saw my reaction he changed his mind. At first I was kind of upset with the little guy, but honestly, it's one of those things where the natural consequences are much harder than anything I could say or do. EVERYONE comments on it when they see him and I see him getting sad and teary when people laugh. I know he wishes he'd never picked up those darn scissors. I keep telling him it's okay and that hair grows back quickly. If it wasn't so cold out I'd just give him a buzz. Maybe I still should. What do you think?

8 comments:

Kathy said...

buzz it...save the kid the trauma. Buzzes are so cute anyway. :)

Jessica Mosteller said...

Oh, I would buzz it. Tell him thats how cousin Jackson wore his hair all last summer.

alan said...

Hi Jenn and Ben! Judy told me your blog name and I thought I would check it out. It is fun to read about your cute kids and a great way for us to find out what your family is doing way out there in NY. We love you and miss you. Love, Laura and family

Heidi said...

Iyah... You can see it in his eyes... I think buzzes are so cute. I still can't believe we haven't had any "haircuts" at our place!

Melissa said...

What a great story. A buzz cut would be great, but I'm sure the hair will grow back soon regardless.

Kyla Armstrong said...

Poor kid!

Angela said...

As a pro LOL. I say buzz and buy a hat to keep him warm. Kaden cute my hair one time. Kids are so crazy and fun.hope you are all well. Kaden just last week said "mom will I see Goerge agian" so sweet. thinking of you.

The Corbridge's said...

Tyson did the same thing about a month ago.. probably about when this happened. He was working on a project at the table and I thought they would be fine while I worked on the computer for a few minutes but when I came back Tyson said, "look mom, i cut my hair" He was so proud until he saw my reaction and was embarrassed and sad.. just like Issac! It's crazy to hear that they did the same thing at the same time and reacted the same! :)